Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Visiting Training Camp

Several times I have been fortunate enough to go to a Redskins training camp. A couple times in Carlisle, PA and a couple times in Ashburn, Va.

This year they will be going to Richmond, VA for the first time. I was hoping to go for a day but it doesn't look like it will work out.

I think this is a really great opportunity for fans to see the players up close. It is also a great chance to get some good photos of the players as they are practicing. I can still remember the first one I ever went to walking through Carlisle in between the morning and afternoon practices. I saw a VW Bug drive by and said to my friend Kenny, "Wow! That looked like Darrell Green driving it." Sure enough I came to find out that it actually was him. Really neat to see a great like him driving a simpler car like that. (makes me think of Alfred Morris these days)

I can also remember Lavar Arrington getting yelled at by his coaches because he was trying to get the fans to give him their autograph on some tape he had around his wrists.

If you ever get the chance to check out training camp, I would highly advise doing it at least once. It is a great experience and more than likely you will be glad you did!

No comments: